CANCER AID CELL- From 2013 we have started providing the financial help to the poor cancer patients. The said help is given to the poor and needy patients by verifying the records such as the Cost certificate, medical reports of the Hospital, Income proof, KYC norms documents i.e. Aadhar, pancard etc. And after completing our usual formalities we are extending the help to them. During the period from 2013 to till date we have extended the financial help to 150 Cancer patients. We are very thankful to generous individual donors & our fund raiser activists for this cause.
The specific objectives of Vihaan include:
- Early linkages of PLHIV to Care ,Support and treatment services
- Improved treatment adherence and education for PLHIV
- Expanded positive prevention activities
- Improved social protection and wellbeing of PLHIV
- Strengthened community systems and reduced stigma and discrimination
Under this project we have providing Care & Support to 15000 PLHIV registered in main 3 Public ART Centres at Viz. J.J. , Nair & KEM Hospitals. In this project the said people are Personally contacted by our Outreach workers, counselor and doing the awareness task and motivating them for ICTC Tests. ART, periodical check-up in the Public Hospitals also bringing back those clients who have discontinued the ART from the Public Hospitals. In addition to this the project is also providing the assistance to these people in getting the benefits of the Govt .Schemes for them. The project is funded by NMP+Pune since 2015.
Drop In Center– DIC provides psychosocial & health care support to PLHA and linkages to other services. At the centers PLHAs are also given facility for recreation, legal aid, counseling, etc. The poor people living with HIV were identified on basis of economic status and given free medical & nutritional support. Involvement of people living with HIV/AIDS by forming PLHIV support Group named “Ektha” so that they voice out for the rights and people realize that a PLHA has same right as well as the ability to work, interact, and share. SAI was first amongst NGOs to start Free ART in 2005. It was established in 2003 & funded by Solidarite Sida, Sidaction. Marc Foundation & Foundation de France till 2017. Now SAI is running this project.
Despite stringent financial condition we are carrying activities effectively. We are extreme need of financial support & hence appeal to the all generous people & funding agencies to kindly extend the said support.
Mobile Clinic – Mobile Clinic provides “Comprehensive Health Care Services to Female Sex Workers & their Children of Ten red light areas of South Mumbai. Despite stringent financial condition we are carrying activities effectively. We are extreme need of financial support & hence appeal to the all generous people & funding agencies to kindly extend the said support. This project was funded by CED- Finland, Solidarite Sida, Foundation de France & Sidaction –France during the period from 2002 to 2017. Now SAI is running this project & we need funding partners.
Free mobile Clinic- The health educational program for sex workers and their children for HIV/AIDS prevention and control with providing free health care services including condom distribution. This project is based on the peer educators (DIDI-sister- Community Volunteers). SAI has developed brother –sister relationship with Sex Workers in Mumbai. This project is to the Didis by the DIDIs and for the DIDIs. With the active involvement from community we could bring down the HIV prevalence from 38% to 1.70 % from 2003 to till date.
Awareness project- Street plays, slide shows, Magic shows, pamphlet distribution, poster exhibitions being conducted all over the country. More than 5000 shows already conducted for the prevention of HIV/AIDS, TB, Hepatitis and to diminishing stigma and discrimination related to these diseases.
We have purchased a land consisting of 11.5 acres it is surrounded by mountains with full greenery & having continues flow of running water through a revolute at Kuhe Village, District-Thane. We have proposed to set up “ Apani Duniya” ( “Our Universe) of Orphans, destitute Women, Old aged, tribal people & members of SAI family.
Shortly we will be executing our activities for the setting up the followings:-
- Free shelter for Orphans- We have come across the cases where the mothers belonging to sex worker community & parents are dying due to AIDS, Re-marriage of deserted / widowed / divorce women, absence of love and security in the families, Family disputes, Unwanted pregnancy of Trafficking / Sexually exploited girls; these orphan and street children are left without care and support. Hence to prevent them from involving into anti-social & criminal activities such as drug trafficking, child prostitution, theft etc, therefore to bring into mainstream of the society by providing education & create conducive atmosphere to develop their carrier for better future. There will be separate shelters for boys & girls each will be of 20 no. aggregating to 40 numbers.
- Free Shelter for destitute Women – From our experience of two & half decades we have observed that whenever female sex workers develop with AIDS they become unable to earn money & disowned by the brothel authorities & left to die on the roads in a very pathetic condition. Similar situation is arising in some cases of the women whose husband die due to AIDS & disowned by in-laws. Therefore to protect them & to make them economically independent we shall provide them vocational training such as agro farming, horti/floriculture, aquaculture, animal husbandry etc. These women shall play the role of mothers for orphans as stated above.
- Shelter for old aged- We wish to set up unique home for old aged who have been disowned by their children or nobody is to look after them or ailing & nobody is there to take care of them.
There are few people who are living singly & their children away from them will be provided homely atmosphere & taken care of.
- Hospice for treatment of beneficiaries & surrounded tribal community- This will admit those patients who are chronically ill, or those patients with HIV/AIDS or T.B. and Cancer who need hospitalization. They will be given nutrition, and all the medicines as and when required.
Some patients who are terminally ill and breathing their last is usually turned away from hospitals. These patients can be admitted to the hospice where they can receive medications and extends their life. But those who cannot be saved can at least die peacefully and with dignity.
Our land is surrounded by tribal community who are socially & economically backward hence as our social obligation we shall provide the facilities of medication & job opportunities.
- Rehabilitation & Vocational Training Centre- For this the center will provide vocational training in developing skills and entrepreneurship to beneficiaries , so they get an alternative source of livelihood and they become models for others to progress.
2.10 million people & more suffer from HIV in India-
(Sources- National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO)- India)
Unlike other sicknesses & diseases, these unfortunate victims are shunned & ostracized & made to suffer double for something which quite often they got for no fault of their own…
“Services offered by…… is to be changed as “Services provided by Social Activities Integration-SAI” –( however the existing information of services shall continue without any change as per our existing website.)
The existing Project at Social Activities Integration –SAI is to be replaced as shown under: & the project information for each project shall continue with existing information as per our existing website. For the below project we will incorporate the information afterward.
Since 1991 we have been combating AIDS vigorously with involving high risk population by carrying out various project activities as shown herebelow.
Prevention of Parents to Child Transmission (PPTCT)
Pediatric AIDS Initiative (PAI)
Community Care Centre (CCC)
Mobile ICTC in Thane district
Free mobile & Static Clinic
Drop In Center
Vihaan- Care & Support Centres
Pahal on Hepatitis B
REAR- Reach for Education and Access to Rights
SAI has since 2013 taken additional responsibility of providing support to the poor and needy cancer Patients for their medical treatment over and above its other activities. We have observed that the number of cancer patients in the world are increasing every year and the poor and needy patients are losing their lives due to the lack of Medical ,nutritional support
and also due to the unawareness about the disease. The mortality rate of cancer in the developed countries is Comparatively lesser than under developing countries like ours. Hence initially we have started providing financial help to all such patients irrespective of age for their cancer treatment
However we have now focused our support to the poor kids patient because the mortality rate of the cancer patient children in developing country like ours is 1 death for every 3 minutes which is very much tragic and painful hence protection for them is essential. Further every child has right to have good health and care for happy life If we extend proper and timely help to the kids patients they will be cured and live happy life and contribute to the nation building activity. The ultimate goal for caring cancer kids is to give high quality health care services for their betterment. Since 2013 we have helped to 133 cancer patients consisting of all ages and more than 50% of the same were poor kids. The kids are taking the treatment in
reputed hospitals of Mumbai like TATA MEMORIAL, WADIA etc.
Presently 10 kids cancer patients are taking the treatment in these Hospitals and more than 25 kids have cured from this disease during the last 3 years. Our active efforts are on to bring more number of deserving kids patients under our help for their better future and
Following Kids are under Treatment-
1 Shrivardhan Atugade
2 Payal Mahale
3 Mohd. Shahid Shaikh
4 Tushar Panpatil
5 Veer Mahale
6 Maithile Parmar
7 Rihansh Shetty
8 Divya Gupta
9 Laxmikumari Yadav
10 Sameeksha Bhise
Follwing Kids Treament is completed/ Cured
1 Sujan Moinuddin
2 Sana Matin Shaikh
3 Ayesha Pathan
4 Raj Arun Limje
5 Alfaiz Imran Chowkar
6 Payal Tuna Pradhan
7 Dewang Ankush Dabde
8 Vedansh Nichkola
9 Shreya Lende
10 Amra Chandija
11 Dewang Dubey