We have purchased a land consisting of 11.5 acres it is surrounded by mountains with full greenery & having continues flow of running water through a revolute at Kuhe Village, District-Thane. We have proposed to set up “ Apani Duniya” ( “Our Universe) of Orphans, destitute Women, Old aged, tribal people & members of SAI family.
Shortly we will be executing our activities for the setting up the followings:-
- Free shelter for Orphans- We have come across the cases where the mothers belonging to sex worker community & parents are dying due to AIDS, Re-marriage of deserted / widowed / divorce women, absence of love and security in the families, Family disputes, Unwanted pregnancy of Trafficking / Sexually exploited girls; these orphan and street children are left without care and support. Hence to prevent them from involving into anti-social & criminal activities such as drug trafficking, child prostitution, theft etc, therefore to bring into mainstream of the society by providing education & create conducive atmosphere to develop their carrier for better future. There will be separate shelters for boys & girls each will be of 20 no. aggregating to 40 numbers.
- Free Shelter for destitute Women – From our experience of two & half decades we have observed that whenever female sex workers develop with AIDS they become unable to earn money & disowned by the brothel authorities & left to die on the roads in a very pathetic condition. Similar situation is arising in some cases of the women whose husband die due to AIDS & disowned by in-laws. Therefore to protect them & to make them economically independent we shall provide them vocational training such as agro farming, horti/floriculture, aquaculture, animal husbandry etc. These women shall play the role of mothers for orphans as stated above.
- Shelter for old aged- We wish to set up unique home for old aged who have been disowned by their children or nobody is to look after them or ailing & nobody is there to take care of them.
There are few people who are living singly & their children away from them will be provided homely atmosphere & taken care of.
- Hospice for treatment of beneficiaries & surrounded tribal community- This will admit those patients who are chronically ill, or those patients with HIV/AIDS or T.B. and Cancer who need hospitalization. They will be given nutrition, and all the medicines as and when required.
Some patients who are terminally ill and breathing their last is usually turned away from hospitals. These patients can be admitted to the hospice where they can receive medications and extends their life. But those who cannot be saved can at least die peacefully and with dignity.
Our land is surrounded by tribal community who are socially & economically backward hence as our social obligation we shall provide the facilities of medication & job opportunities.
- Rehabilitation & Vocational Training Centre- For this the center will provide vocational training in developing skills and entrepreneurship to beneficiaries , so they get an alternative source of livelihood and they become models for others to progress.